Proxy servers aren’t a new invention – people worldwide have been using them for a while now. In fact, if you own a business, there’s a good chance you have already heard about them. Whatever the case may be, you’re probably wondering if your business needs one.
If you’re a business owner, you can agree that most of your business-related activities are taking place online. Does that mean you’re doing everything you can to keep your online data secure and private?
Proxy servers can do a lot for your business’s online safety, so keep reading to find out whether proxies are the right solution for your company.
A little bit about proxies
Before we move on to how proxies affect your business, we must first say a little about the servers themselves.
The primary role of a proxy server is to stand between the internet user and the internet. That means the proxy server goes through all requests the end-user sends to the specific website on the internet.
When there’s no proxy server involved, the request the internet user sends is delivered directly to the website owner. Since there’s no intermediary, the website owner can access the user’s IP address and other sensitive information. Although this is harmless when browsing trustworthy sites, it’s enough to stumble upon one site with bad intentions to infringe on the user’s online privacy and safety.
Fortunately, you can easily avoid this with a proxy server in place. In that case, all requests are sent through a proxy that masks the user’s IP address. Therefore, no one can find out the true identity of the user behind the screen.
How businesses use proxy servers
Companies and organizations all around the world are using proxy servers. The reasons for doing so are numerous, but here are some of the top use cases.
- Businesses protect their devices: Companies usually have numerous devices in their possession, from simple laptops to high-tech equipment. If harmful content gets access to a business-owned network, it’s easy to infect their entire infrastructure and cause big-time problems. Proxies prevent this from happening and thus keep devices protected.
- Businesses prevent data leaks: Although occasional data leaks are part of every company, it’s essential to minimize their scale and effect. Proxies can prevent data leaks since they inform internet users about the potentially harmful content on websites they’re about to visit.
- Businesses hide their real-life location: Even though companies can’t do much about hiding their offices or headquarters, not every website has to know where you visited their site from. With this level of protection, businesses can maintain the needed level of safety and privacy as not everyone will be able to detect their geographical location.
- Businesses control their employees and staff members: Keeping track of employees’ activities is challenging, so company executives never know how productive their staff members are at work. Luckily, proxy servers can prevent employees from browsing social media platforms or irrelevant sites at work.
- Businesses have more freedom: The power of the internet lies in the ability to access all kinds of information. Unfortunately, more and more content is being restricted. Companies with proxy servers don’t worry about that because they can freely browse the internet.
Advantages of using proxies
Every high-quality UK proxy provider will equip you with a proxy server that has the following advantages:
- Increases security: As the primary purpose of every proxy server, improving security is probably the most significant advantage of these powerful internet safety solutions. Businesses can rely on proxy servers to equip them with enhanced digital security at all times.
- Improves privacy: Companies and organizations need to take their privacy seriously, as any data leak can cause a significant impact on their image and reputation. With a reliable UK proxy server, keeping all business-related info and data private is effortless.
- Bypasses geo-restrictions: Another key advantage of proxies is their ability to bypass geo-restrictions. That way, businesses can access otherwise unavailable content in their country or region. That’s possible thanks to the proxy’s ability to mask the real IP address and location.
- Optimizes internet traffic: Companies using a proxy server don’t struggle with poor connection, errors, or other internet failures. Instead, proxies secure them with an optimized, stable, and reliable internet connection.
Does your business need a proxy server?
Now that we’ve gone through all the main features regarding proxies, it’s safe to say proxy servers are essential for every business. If you still haven’t done the necessary steps to equip your company with a proxy server, it’s still not too late to make changes and ensure your business is secure in the digital world.